Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network not seen during installation

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
LisaDrago
1004 Views, 15 Replies

Network not seen during installation

Working at a clients office setting up a network license... Don't this so many time I can do it in my sleep but this one has me baffled...

Okay we have the NLM set up correctly and working, go install the software on the computer... But it won't see the server! We have tried browsing to it... Nothing, typing it in ... Nothing.
If we go through windows explorer we can see the server - what are we missing?
LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
dgorsman
in reply to: LisaDrago

Quick clarification - are you having trouble locating a deployment on a server to install on the local computer, or seeing the LM server?  If the latter, can you ping the LM server?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 16
TravisNave

Lisa,

You can try IP address.  Regardless, even if the installation won't see it, you can still install the software and get the licensing to work afterwards.  Sometimes the browser service or DNS or even latency can cause this.  But its manageable once the software is actually installed.

Beyond that, so long as you can PING the server, get a valid IPv4 address, and have ports 27000 and 2080 open, you should be good to go. 

Update us as needed.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 16
LisaDrago
in reply to: dgorsman

Okay - we can ping the server without any problems.

We are at the installation point of the software where it asks for network setup - we try to browse to it and can't see it and when we. Type it in - it just sits there and the next button is not active.

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 5 of 16
DarrenP

try typing \\servername then hit browse

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 16
LisaDrago
in reply to: TravisNave

We tried the IP address and it still will not activate the next button.

How can we check the ports? Trying to look it up - have not done that before...

Message 7 of 16
DarrenP

The FLEXlm® based version uses the following ports:
TCP ports 2080 (for the adskflex vendor daemon)
TCP ports 27000 to 27009 (for the lmgrd master daemon)

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

don't know what other ports the deployment uses

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 16
LisaDrago

We have tried this and it did not work...the \\servername

Message 10 of 16
DarrenP

do you know if they are running any type of security software?

you can try disabling that on the server

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 16
LisaDrago

Security is turned off.

Message 12 of 16
TravisNave

@LisaDrago wrote:
We tried the IP address and it still will not activate the next button.

How can we check the ports? Trying to look it up - have not done that before...

Using Internet Explorer only, try:

http://servername:2080

http://servername:27000

You should get a jargon response if the ports are open.  Otherwise, I suspect a Firewall issue is causing your problem.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 13 of 16
LisaDrago
in reply to: TravisNave

We checked the. Both and they area open.

Message 14 of 16
TravisNave

Verify that you have turned on Network Discovery in the Network and Sharing Center.  Also, you might want to verify you have an administrative share set up on the server hard drive.  For example, \\servername\c$

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 16
LisaDrago

Alright guys... You have to promise not to laugh at me....😳

So we didn't put the serial number in.... Okay...I said no laughing.....

I will certainly out my dunce cap on for that...
Thanks for your help...
LD

Message 16 of 16
TravisNave

You are not allowed to be mean to me anymore!  Smiley Very Happy

Glad you are up and running Lisa.  Nothing wrong with self-deprecation.  We all have our moments.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report