Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licensing outside the Local Network

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
volkan
389 Views, 5 Replies

Network Licensing outside the Local Network

Hi,

Our customer have some computers outside their local network, these computers are located at different cities in Turkey. I configured the network license manager on server and created necessary windows firewall rules. There is no problem for users inside the network but as I mentioned above, users located in different cities are unable to take license from the server.

I made a quick research and I see a procedure called Internet licensing and described in JTB's blog as;

Internet licensing

Internet licenses is something that has been piloted by some companies and requires approval of Autodesk. Because the licenses are available on the open Internet, license borrowing on the Internet license server needs to be restricted. Further protection is done with the System Environment Variable LM_PROJECT. A unique LM_PROJECT value (acting like a password) needs to be used on the Internet license server and on the clients. This makes it possible for only clients with the correct LM_PROJECT value checking out a license.

Is that the procedure we need in order to solve the problem or is there any other way?

The situation is very critical.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Volkan

Volkan ARI
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: volkan

can those computers outside your network ping the the license manger computer by name?

if not thats the issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
volkan
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

We checked the machine, it can ping the server.

Please also note that this machine is neither on the local network nor VPN. It's completely on a different network. Does it makes a problem?

Should we also check via telnet?

Regards,

Volkan
Volkan ARI
Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

what error are you geting when you launch the Autodesk product?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
volkan
in reply to: DarrenP

IT manager I'm working with finished his shift for today, I will contact him at Monday and report you.
Volkan ARI
Message 6 of 6
volkan

Hi,

The problem is different than  thought.

Sorry for the late reply we are way too busy nowadays. I solve the problem with the customer. During installation when they enter the IP address of network license manager they received the warning like "server address is wrong" but after we finish the installation and test whether the machine gets the license, no error occured.

Anyway thanks for your reply, maybe someday i'll use your tip.

Volkan ARI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report