Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licensing on Linux upgrade?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
sevo-roth
335 Views, 1 Reply

Network Licensing on Linux upgrade?

Hi Community

We currently run our network licensing from an Ubuntu x64 server, my predacesor installed it and it servers 125 EntertainmentCreationSuite 2014 seats. We are now moving to 2015 and I am having a terrible time figuring out how to upgrade, or even find the version of our NLM and get it to look at the new .lic file we have.

Can anyone point me to some good documentation on the linux commands specific to instaling the new license or upgrading the NLM correctly?

Best regards

Steve

I'll build you anything you like, as long as what you like is a spaceship 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sevo-roth
in reply to: sevo-roth

So I just solved it, so for anyone else having this issue:

NOTE: this is upgrading network licensing from 2014 to 2015 on a Ubuntu x64 server.

Put your new .lic file in the same location as the old one, we had ours in /opt/flexnetserver/licenses/filename.lic

Then simply alter the rc.local file normaly located in /etc/rc.local and change the .lic file name to match your new file, and for the log file too. I used the command 'sudo nano /etc/rc.local' because nano is a simple editor to use.

Hope this helps someone in the future 🙂

Links I found useful:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Autodesk-Licensing/fil...

I'll build you anything you like, as long as what you like is a spaceship 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report