Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Licenses not being released

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
David.svedberg
235 Views, 3 Replies

Network Licenses not being released

Hello! I've been troubleshooting an installation of Autodesk Navisworks. The issue is that the licenseserver doesn't quite seem to let go of a license when a user ends it's session, so it keeps the license in a used state for a while after. What could cause this, possibility of users closing their applications unexpectedly? Any ideas are good.

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JTBWorld
in reply to: David.svedberg

Hej David,

I've seen this in some older product versions and in newer versions this is working as expected.

Sometimes a workaround is to make use of TIMEOUTALL or TIMEOUT in the options file.

Jimmy Bergmark
JTB World - Software development and consulting for CAD and license usage reports
https://jtbworld.com

Message 3 of 4
David.svedberg
in reply to: JTBWorld

All right, I'll have a look at that. The FLEXlm is dated to 2010 so it's very likely. I'll confirm when I'ved seen to it.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: David.svedberg

In addition to adding the TIMEOUTALL option, you might also check the client machine when the Autodesk program is closed.  If the application .exe is still running in the Task Manager processes tab, then it will not release the license until the program has fully exited. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report