Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License via Air Card and VPN vs Wi-Fi and VPN

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GTVic
425 Views, 2 Replies

Network License via Air Card and VPN vs Wi-Fi and VPN

We have a user that can connect and get a license using VPN over Wi-Fi.

But when he uses an Air Card (wireless cellular netword adapter) also with VPN he cannot get a license -15.570.0 "a valid license could not be obtained".

He is able to ping the license server host name over the Air Card VPN connection. Average ping time is 192ms but I assume the Wi Fi would be similar or worse so I'm not sure that cuold be the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: GTVic

Latency is notorious for air cards. Use the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable. Start with a value of 1000000 and increase it by one-million until it works.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: GTVic

GTVic,

Hello. VPN connections can be tough. Start with the Timeout variable and then try to enter a directional variable. I would insert both the IP and the Server name as well, separated by a semi-colon “;”

1.)           Right-click the My Computer icon.

2.)           Click the Advanced tab.

3.)           Click "Environment Variables".

4.)           Under the System Variables window, click "New".

5.)           In the Variable name field enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

6.)           In the Variable value field enter @YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS;@YOUR_SERVER_NAME

7.)           Click "Okay".

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report