Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License - Previous Versions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
GTVic
313 Views, 5 Replies

Network License - Previous Versions

We are going to convert 15 2013 standalone seats to a network license. But we are actually going to install and run AutoCAD 2011. Is there any special procedure to run 2011 instead of 2013? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: GTVic

So long as your 2013 is under Subscription, no.  Your Subscription network license will allow for previous versions up to three releases back.  All you will need to do is install 2011 as a network version and point to the license server.  Nothing special beyond that.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
GTVic
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks, so this would continue to work until 2015 is released, I'm assuming.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Yes, it will work as far up as your Subscription 2015 license.  However if at the time you choose to upgrade to 2016, then you would not be able to use 2011 anymore.  However, nothing keeps you from continuing to use 2011 so long as you do not choose to update to 2016, even if your Subscription automatically updates you.  You can get 2016 and not choose to license it and continue to use 2011 indefinitely until you deem it necessary to move on. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
GTVic
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks

Here is an unrelated question but I guess I can hijack my own thread

What exactly happens if you lose network connection and you are not borrowing? Can you reconnect and resume using AutoCAD? Can you save and exit?

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

If AutoCAD loses its heartbeat connection to the NLM, it will try to reconnect on its own. If it cannot, and the license is not borrowed, it will notify you and will ask you to save before it closes.  You will not lose any work.  If the network connection is restored, then it will be like nothing ever happened.  There's not much to worry about in terms of network licensing.  There are rarely connectivity issues once everything has been set up properly.  Smiley Happy

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report