Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Manager - v11.12

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
geraldo.junior
925 Views, 10 Replies

Network License Manager - v11.12

Hello !!!

I work at a college / university, and we have the contract of academic licenses of Autodesk.

Installed the NLM on a (Windows Server 2012) server virtualized on top of a VMSphere v 5.1.
This server is named "server" and this on a domain "faculdade.universidade.br," having a Public IP.
I configured the NLM as described by the manufacturer. Laboratories in college (also with public IPs), installed Autocad and 3DS and insert the corresponding keys. It worked normally.

I installed the same software in other laboratories in the same block, put in a private network (IP: 10.3.0.0/24) in the field geral.universidade.br.
When I try to run the softs, insert the installation keys and get the error that the key number is not available ("You entered The serial number is not valid. Try again. (1)").

I checked the firewall, and liberated the requested port (TCP 2080, and 27000-27009).
I changed the settings to resolve the server name and the domain pointed to faculdade.universidade.br.
Tested according to guidelines via IE (http: // server: 2080) and works as expected.

Computers and the server has to be on the same network (ie. / 24) ??? 

I'm already out of ideas of what else can be done. Anyone have any suggestions ????

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: geraldo.junior

Are you stating that you cannot even install it because it complains about invalid serial numbers?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
geraldo.junior
in reply to: TravisNave

Applications (3DS Autocad 2014 and 2014) have been installed.
I call the applications and they will be started for the first time, this time they ask for serial number and we report the numbers correctly, however they try to communicate with the server and report the error ("You entered The serial number is not valid . Try again. (1) ")

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

if your getting a s/n is invaild that meas you probably installed it as a standalone not a network

Network doesn't look at s/ns it looks for specific feature code

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Yeah, I agree with Darren.  I am having a hard time understanding when and how you are getting that.  Can you provide a screenshot (assuming you did install network)? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 11
geraldo.junior

I downloaded the files from the site and did the installation on the machines normally.
Worked in a laboratory (Network 200.xy0 / 24), in the other not (10.xy0 / 24).

Prints:
1) where this installation not working (Network: 10.xy0 / 24).
2) Where this up and running (Network: 200.xy0 / 24)

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave

There is something wrong with your problematic deployed images then because they are launching as stand-alone and asking for activation.  This should not be the case on network seats.  You should never see that activation page with the bad serial number. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11
DarrenP

your Erro NLM.png screen shot meams the product is trying to get an activation code from autodesk which means this was installed as a standalone

A network license doesn't ask for an activation code or looks for one

this was installed wrong uninstall it and reinstall it as a network

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
geraldo.junior
in reply to: DarrenP

I do not understand how this can solve the problem, because both were installed the same way.
Even so I will test ...

Message 10 of 11
TravisNave

Deployments can be installed accidentally as stand-alone if you do not run the shortcut, but rather the .exe

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 11
geraldo.junior

It was not the solution I imagined, but it was what worked ...

I installed a particular machine Lab A (Network 10.0.0.0/24) in Lab B (200.0.0.0/24) and installed Autodesk 3DS and via network.
Open the software and asked the Borrow License.
To date this has worked ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report