Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Manager showing users having multiple licenses

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
marchese
295 Views, 1 Reply

Network License Manager showing users having multiple licenses

Hello,

We are having an issue with the license manager. We were having trouble obtaining licenses for Revit 2008 and 2009 and when I performed a status inquiry, I saw some strange activity. The LM was showing individuals having multiple licenses out as well as some users having licenses out starting weeks ago. My questions are:

Can I start and stop the server without interrupting end users work?

If I needed to do this after hours, how can I force the LM to return all licenses out and start over?

Thanks,
Jim
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: marchese

Yes you can stop and restart the license manager without affecting your users, so long as the NLM is not down for more than abuot 6 minutes. This can often release some of the stuck licenses. Any programs currently launched will immediately retain their open license.

Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report