Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Installation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
353 Views, 1 Reply

Network License Installation

Hello,

Our IT guy is in Florida until Monday, and we have one computer that uses network licenses for all the versions of Civil 3D it runs.  We have to install 2011 on his machine ASAP so he can work on a job that has to go out early next week.  First, I'm wondering if we have to do deployments to use the network license?  It is actually already installed on the computer as a network installation, but I haven't updated the server yet.  Right now, the .lic file only goes up to 2010, so I assume that's why it says it can't find a license.  Also, I'm wondering what generates the .lic file?  Should we have received one from Autodesk or do we receive it when the product is registered?  Any help on this would be appreciated as I am flying blind right now.  I have downloaded the adsk_lic.pdf file from the online documentation and am reading through it, but the pdfs mentioned as being included on the installation disk (acad_nlg.pdf and acad_nag.pdf) are not on any of the installation disks we received.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

you can call autodesk activation at 1-800-551-1490 to have them generate a new license file

your going to need your serial number, server name,  and mac address

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report