Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License how to include previous versions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AKAGroup
411 Views, 3 Replies

Network License how to include previous versions

We received permission from AutoDesk to continue to use AutoCad 2010.

However when I created the licence file for our network install this week using the oneline tool from AutoDesk, I'm not getting the extra versions included.

Suggestions?

Or how do I get my file to AutoDesk for their review and assistance.

This website is almost as bad as IBM to find what you need, especially if you're in a hurry.  So a link would be fine, if it would help.

(I do have my new merged license.lic file, it just doesn't include the previous AutoCad 2010 that I need running).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: AKAGroup

If your AutoCAD is under Subscription and you have a 2014 license file, then 2010 is no longer valid.  Subscription allows for only the current version and three versions back.  Therefore, your AutoCAD 2014 Subscription license will only work for 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Dazzman
in reply to: AKAGroup

If you go back to your reseller they should be able to have a new file generated for you that allows for your current subscription along with a second option to allow you to continue to run the older version of the software, in our case this option had an expiry date to allow us to continue using the older version until the contract was complete.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Dazzman

Dazzman is right.  However, generally, you will have to give up a certain amount of seats under your current Subscription to be used for the previous version.  Otherwise you will exceed your available licenses. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report