Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network license file problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
247 Views, 1 Reply

Network license file problem

Recently the organization I work for switched the basic computer load from XP to 64bit Win 7. With that we upgraded from Map 2009 to Map 2012 64 bit. On the campus where the license server is located we have no issues. Outside of this campus is a different story. In many locations there are no issues but in some you get the "can't find a license server" issue. These are locations where xp with 2009 work fine. Because this is a very vast network across the entire US with hundreds of locations I have always made the installation package use the ip address instead of the server name to alleviate DNS issues. This in effect should also alleviate the IPV6 issue as well. So I have tried to turn off IPV6 on one of the machines and that didn't work. The host file shouldnt make a difference since I'm using straight IP but with IPV6 turned off that takes out that anyway. So I thought maybe something on the computer itself? I had one shipped to me and of course I plug it in here and it works fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

try this:

If increasing network bandwidth is not an option, you can increase the amount of time the program waits for a response from the license manager by configuring an environment variable at the client workstation. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
  2. (for Vista and Windows 7, click the "Advanced system settings" link.)
  3. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
  4. On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
  5. In the Environment Variables dialog box, under System Variables, click New.
  6. In the New User Variable dialog box, enter FLEXLM_TIMEOUT for the name and 10000000 for the value.
  7. Click OK to close each dialog box.
  8. Launch the Autodesk application

If you are able to obtain a license, the value of 1000000 microseconds (1 second) is sufficient. If you still cannot obtain a license, repeat the procedure; increasing the value in 1000000 microsecond increments until you are able to obtain a license from the license server.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report