Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License Error across WAN

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tjr3000
624 Views, 2 Replies

Network License Error across WAN

We have a network license server in our corporate headquarters that serves licenses to all of our locations.  One of our other locations is not able to receive a license while all of the other locations (local and remote) are.  The same network installer was used for all locations, so the program and the server it points to are identical.

Whenever these users launch AutoCAD, they receive a prompt to Specifiy the License Server System.  They enter the correct server name, and then receive an error that "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager".  The error code is [-15.570.10035]

If the remote users enter portnumber@servername, they are able to retrieve a license.  However, none of the other users (local or remote) need to do this.  This all happened over a weekend - Friday it worked, Monday it didn't.  The network team has confirmed that no changes have taken place on our network.

We're looking to identify root cause.

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
emily.xu
in reply to: tjr3000

If you can get licesne by entering the servername, I just suggest you add a environment variable at your client machine to make sure your client can find the correct license server. Name of variable is ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE, and value is @servername. Also you can refer our solution:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: tjr3000

Over a WAN, it's more likely a latency issue if you can ping the NLM server.  Add this system environment variable also:  FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000 (one-million) and increase by one million (i.e. one second) if necessary.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report