I was going to have you do that check. So if those ports are not open, either the services are not running or you have a firewall blocking them.
First launch your LMTOOLS and perform a status enquiry. Make sure it is running and licenses are available. If you are using the Windows firewall, make the exceptions there. If it is a 3rd party, you'll have to look at the documentation on how to accomplish that.
I have a question for Travis. I have read this thread, and didn't see anything directly relating to the issue I am having. I am running the 2014 version of Civil3d. The NLM works sometimes on my PC, and other times it doesn't. It is giving the same error as discussed before in this thread. I can't seem to figure out why it would work today and not tomorrow, when there are plent of licenses left to use. I hope you or someone out there can help me resolve this issue. I pinged the IP and NLM host name, they both came back good. I tried going into environmental variables and adding a new system variable, with no luck. Maybe I am missing something simple. Our NLM is not in our office, if that helps. Thank you!
Because it sometimes works and is not in your office, it is almost certainly a latency issue.
Try the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable and start with one-million and move up a million if needed.
Here is the solution to the Autodesk Vault 2015 LicensingError  (20) I was having. None of the solutions in this thread helped me in this case unfortunately. So I thought I would share my post here in case anyone else upgrading to Vault Workgroup or Professional 2015 suddenly finds their license server isn't dishing out the goods anymore.
Thanks for sharing Scott. I am testing this further as I was able to obtain licenses on 11.7. Subsequently on any Windows 8 / Server 2008-2012 server, I have *always* had problems getting 11.9, 11.10, or 11.11 working. I am glad they fixed it on 11.12, but so far 11.7 still works. I will test more products in the 2015 line but looks like 11.12 is the way to go moving forward.
running windows server2003 32bit i installed the 32 bit ipv4 version of lmtools. at the server there was ipv6 installed but deactivated !
so lmtools had ipv6 ip adress. i don´t really understand why an ipv4 installer takes a ipv6 ip. bad programming!
so after deinstalling ipv6 and rebooting the server the lmtools had ipv4 ip and gave all the licenses without problem.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.