Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network License cannot be obtained.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
jhelton
844 Views, 12 Replies

Network License cannot be obtained.

Our old CAD server finally bit the dust this morning an hour before class started. I installed the newest 64-bit version FlexLM (IPV4) on another server running Windows 2008 server. I got new license files for EMS 2015, ECS 2015, EMS 2014 and sketchbook pro 2015. The files have been combined into a single file.

The server/service is up and running and ports are open on the server. However, I still get and error message [-15.570.0]

When I start AutoCAD/Revit or Max, the box pops up to inform us that the network license file can be located. We type in the name of the new server and still get the error message.

Any Suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
kym.gile
in reply to: jhelton

I too am experiencing the exact same problem as jhelton.

I recieved a new file of licenses loaded them on our NLM server (Windows Server 2008) which says both license server and adskflex are "UP." When I go to start AutoCad 2014 at one of our stations, I am asked for the server name. After inputing the server name, server ip and many other combinations I still end up with error 15.570.0. I tried using 27000@Server_Name as I saw suggested in other pages and it thinks about it before sending me back to the box prompting me for the Server name again (endless loop).

Thanks!

Message 3 of 13
TravisNave

Both of you...

PING your server from the client.  Make sure it is getting the appropriate IPv4 address. If it is IPv6, see my link on how to fix it.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 13
jhelton
in reply to: TravisNave

We could never get the client computers to connect the the windows 2008 server, so I booted up an old 2003 server and got the NLM to run on that server.  To get it connected to the 2003 server, we ended up added an environment variable on the client machine "ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE" and set it to 27000@NAMEOFSERVER.  Where NAMEOFSERVER was the actual name of the server.

The problem is not solved to my satisfaction. I'm not giving up on the 2008 server yet.  But we have a workaround.  We have two week left until the end of the semester and I will work on solving the 2008 server issue when I have time.  I think it has something to do with the IPV6 addressing, we don't using IPV6 but the IP address on the server is ::1

Thanks for all the feedback.

John Helton

Department Chair/Professor of CAD

Oklahoma City Community College

Message 5 of 13
TravisNave

The IPv6 issue can be fixed quite quickly on 2008.  Then just add firewall exceptions. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 13
JFFA

I too am having licensing issues. Had to install License Manager on new server as the old one would only run in safe mode. Went from an XP Pro to a Windows 2008 R2 Sp1 server. Everything is installed it says the service is up and the single seat of AutoCAD Civil3d 2012 is availible. When trying to open Civ3d from my terminal it asks for the server and then gives me and error of -96.491.0. Yes, I can ping to the server. It is not using IPv6. NEED to get this working NOW!

Message 7 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: JFFA

From your client open Internet Explorer (not another browser, IE only) and try the following:

http://DHCPServer:2080

http://DHCPServer:27000

Both should yield a jargon page. If you get a page cannot be displayed, then your ports on being blocked on the server.  Also, if you changed license manager servers, you need to change the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable value on your client to @DHCPServer.

Hope that helps.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 13
JFFA

Any idea on how to change that Adsk license thing? We are a small company and there is no systems admin, per se. Just me and I'm lost.

Message 9 of 13
TravisNave
Message 10 of 13
JFFA

Opened the ports and it worked on one of the workstations (Mine, Yea!) but I can't get it to work on the other station. I  specified the license server using the ADSKFLEX License file but still no joy. I have included the error message I get on his comp.

Message 11 of 13
TravisNave

Check the LICPATH.LIC file on that client. Also might add the
FLEXLM_TIMEOUT variable as well and make it 1000000.

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 13
JFFA

Finally got the last 2 machines to connest. They would not connect using the server name and had to use the IP address, then no problem. Go figure.

Message 13 of 13
DarrenP

could you ping the server by hostname or only by Ip address?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report