Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network licence won´t work

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Logos_Atum
384 Views, 4 Replies

Network licence won´t work

Hello there,

after the quite startling description above, the more detailed one.

We´re using one network licence of FDS Premium. Even though defining the right licence server, which is in Europe,it is not possible to avtivate the licence in the US. The firewall is eighter down or has exeptions added to enable us to acess it. The licence server is found and is accepted, but as soon as we finalize the data, it just won´t find it. Other machines acessing the server from within the LAN do

accept it, with the very same data filled into the required field. The US computers are in the very same domain as those in Europe. Is there anything we need to take into account? Which connection variables must be set in general to make it work? It is very important to get the licence up and running on our US machines too. By that there would be another 6 hours to do a job without an extra licence. They could continue where we left.

All suggestions are very welcome and I can check back with our IT in order to get more details on the problem we encounter.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Double check Firewall settings on the client.  This is noted in step 4/5 in this post:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

Double check the entry for the servername in the licpath.lic file in step 6 above.

Finally, I would add this to the client computer to give it more time to look for the license file.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1057817

Personally, I have seen a value of 70 000 000  for a customer that had a server in USA and clients in India.  Please NOTE that you must have a GNUL license or you may be breaking your EULA.  Setup for licenses (network) are GEO based.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Logos_Atum
in reply to: david.lau

Hello David,

our IT is currently busy to make it work. Thanks for the hints - I think I saw their eyes gleam in the dark

when they read your mail. Especially checking the licence other than by ping is a good option I guess.

If we fail to install it right, we will get back to you. The timeout might be the reason why.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Logos_Atum

We are using the Autodesk blog to string together a bunch of Technical Solutions and workflows into a 1 stop shop.  In summary:

1.  You need to install the Network License Manager software, you can download lmgrd.exe and lmtools.exe from Flexera but you will need the adskflex.exe.  These .exes are all included after installing it.

2.  Get a license.  You can do it online or on the phone.  The tip is that you must have a the hostname and ethernet address of the license server.

3.  Configure a license server (the easy way).

4. Checking the Firewall - if it's open from the client.

5. Open the Firewall from server.

6.  Edit clients to point to server (or new server) if necessary and if software was installed using an incorrect servername.

7.  IPv6 (Optional).  I have only needed this for Inventor and CFD so far.

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
Logos_Atum
in reply to: david.lau

Hello David,

that´s good to know. Thanks for the support, we really appreciate your help!

FlexLM configuration looks good, I will get back to you as son as it works and

give you a quick summary which problems we encountered.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report