Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Contributor
brian.wolfenberger
Message 1 of 4 (161 Views)

Network Install with Client Rollout

161 Views, 3 Replies
06-28-2000 01:11 PM
I have 16 seats of Mechanical PowerPak, 2 Seats of MDT4.0, 5 seats of AutoCAD2000 and 3 seats of CAD Overlay. Do I have to do an Clicent install for each version. I did not have to do this with R14. When I install the MDT4.0 on the server it gave me a pick for AutoCAD200 and Mechanical PowerPak. But when I click on either of the Icons, It poles for a MDT4.0 Licenses. I contacted our local rep and he mentioned I would have to install each client seperate. Is this true? R14 only took up 322megs of space. I f I do what the local rep is telling me then it will take up around 1gig. PLEASE HELP!!!
*Nehls, Kevin
Message 2 of 4 (161 Views)

Re: Network Install with Client Rollout

06-28-2000 01:46 PM in reply to: brian.wolfenberger
These are completely different software programs. I can't see how it would
even be possible to roll these into one client install. Did you have this
same setup before?

--
Kevin Nehls
remove -ns- for direct reply
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

red_dog113 wrote in message ...
>I have 16 seats of Mechanical PowerPak, 2 Seats of MDT4.0, 5 seats of
AutoCAD2000 and 3 seats of CAD Overlay. Do I have to do an Clicent install
for each version. I did not have to do this with R14. When I install the
MDT4.0 on the server it gave me a pick for AutoCAD200 and Mechanical
PowerPak. But when I click on either of the Icons, It poles for a MDT4.0
Licenses. I contacted our local rep and he mentioned I would have to
install each client seperate. Is this true? R14 only took up 322megs of
space. I f I do what the local rep is telling me then it will take up
around 1gig. PLEASE HELP!!!
*Schroeder, Bud
Message 3 of 4 (161 Views)

Re: Network Install with Client Rollout

06-28-2000 09:34 PM in reply to: brian.wolfenberger
These are all separate products. What was happening before is you had MDT but it ran from a profile, so you could get an AutoCAD icon on the desktop as well as the MDT icon. Many people complained about this because they did not want ACAD using there MDT license ect. So it was broken out. You could remove the deployments after you are done installing. But if you wanted to add more seats later, you would have to re build the deployments.

Take care.

Bud

red_dog113 wrote:

> I have 16 seats of Mechanical PowerPak, 2 Seats of MDT4.0, 5 seats of AutoCAD2000 and 3 seats of CAD Overlay. Do I have to do an Clicent install for each version. I did not have to do this with R14. When I install the MDT4.0 on the server it gave me a pick for AutoCAD200 and Mechanical PowerPak. But when I click on either of the Icons, It poles for a MDT4.0 Licenses. I contacted our local rep and he mentioned I would have to install each client seperate. Is this true? R14 only took up 322megs of space. I f I do what the local rep is telling me then it will take up around 1gig. PLEASE HELP!!!
Contributor
brian.wolfenberger
Message 4 of 4 (161 Views)

Re:

06-29-2000 07:57 AM in reply to: brian.wolfenberger
Kevin and Bud, Thanks for the reply! I'll probably have to take a look at resetting the clients up. I will not need to do full installs for each. I just wish I could install MDT4 and it would only install those files. I guess everyone now a days figures disk space is cheap!!
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.