Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Error [1200,5-96]

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
charlv
420 Views, 5 Replies

Network Error [1200,5-96]

Hi All,
I've just done a network installation of ACAD2006. They running 13x Win XP Pro machines on a peer to peer network. I've deployed on all the PCs. the license server is running fine, as the PC that acts as the license server starts the deployed ACAD. The other PC on the network gives the [1200.5-96]error. If you browse to the server to find the license systems it still fails. I ping with the host name and it fails. I'm not a network guru but how do I correct the name resolution problem in the network?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: charlv

If you can't ping the hostname, that may mean that you have a DNS problem on your network. Or more likely, a firewall issue. If you have SP2, it is likely the Windows Firewall. Simply disable it or allow the PCs on your LAN access to that PC.

Alternately, if you can ping the IP address and still not the hostname, you can add the IP and Hostname to your HOSTS file in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc.

Try these measures and see what you come up with.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
charlv

Hi. By switching off the Firewall - Everything worked. Thanks for the help !
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I presume, by "switching off the Firewall" you mean, you opened a port or
two. Turning off a firewall at the perimeter of your network *is not a
solution*!

--
R. Robert Bell

wrote in message news:4854199@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi. By switching off the Firewall - Everything worked. Thanks for the help !
Message 5 of 6
TravisNave

No, no... The Windows Firewall. I am sure his network hardware firewall is in tact. Unfortunately, the Windows Firewall provided with SP2 causes a lot of network grief in the LAN. Most of which is unnecessary.

Glad your problem was resolved.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Didn't read your 1st reply closely enough.

--
R. Robert Bell

wrote in message news:4854679@discussion.autodesk.com...
No, no... The Windows Firewall. I am sure his network hardware firewall is
in tact. Unfortunately, the Windows Firewall provided with SP2 causes a lot
of network grief in the LAN. Most of which is unnecessary.

Glad your problem was resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report