Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network deployments - change which network deployment an installation refers to?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
guyh
190 Views, 1 Reply

Network deployments - change which network deployment an installation refers to?

We are in the process of migrating all our workstations to Windows 7.  This will be done over 3 locations, we have a deployment image in each location which mirrors the others but is specific to that local server.  In order to manage the process of reinstalling our AutoDesk products on the new Windows 7 machines my preference would be to build all the machine in one central build are pulling from the same deployment.  I would then like to modify the registry or which ever settings are required to point the machines at the location specific server in order to ensure we do not face any issues should a repair or uninstall be required in the future.

Could I copy the deployment on the local server where the build are being done and modify each ini file to propogate the correct settings?

What should I consider in order to achieve this?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: guyh

Guy,

You are exactly right with modifying the .ini file.  This will allow you to get done what you need to do.  I know back in the day, I used to create deployments and burn them to DVD to take to different servers, then copy and change.  Saves tons of time. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report