Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Deployment over Multiple Offices

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SkipBurns
176 Views, 2 Replies

Network Deployment over Multiple Offices

We have multiple offices that each have there own server and we use GlobalScape WAFS for replication.  I want to be able to create one deployment that can be run from each office and will run off of the local server.

To do this I created an environment variable called ACADSERVER that is used in the administrative image path.  So the administrative image path was "\\ACADSERVER\deployments\idsp2014\"  which allowed me to set the variable ACADSERVER to the local server for each office and this worked perfectly on most machines.

Some of the machines however cannot find \\ACADSERVER, but will find \\%ACADSERVER% and I can't understand why that is.  Most machines find \\ACADSERVER just fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why that is, or have a better way to deploy to multiple offices without creating multiple deployments?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ukdxb012
in reply to: SkipBurns

Have you tried DFS? We use this and it works well.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_File_System_(Microsoft)#DFS_namespaces

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: ukdxb012

You can copy the deployment.  I would use Robocopy because it's a bit more robust.

robocopy \\man12376607\xfer\test <target of your choice> /s /e /ZB /R:1000000

See #2 here.  You can copy the deployment and it paths to correctly use it in the new location.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/09/quick-start-suite-deployment-tips.html

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report