Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network deployment/move

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
334 Views, 2 Replies

Network deployment/move

We currently have AutoCAD 2002 running from one of our servers, which also holds the FlexLM license portion. This server is on it's way out (meaning, it's old and not under warranty any longer). The clients pull a lot of files from the server (acad.exe, acad.xmx, etc...). I have gone through the options on the client side and have changed all the options that point to the old server, but still it pulls some files from there. Is there anything that can be done (easily) to resolve this problem? Also, how does one go about moving the license server from one to another. I have browsed through the forums and don't understand the "how" to do this.

One last thing, we can't locate the media for this as it was installed/set up long before I came along.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

> how does one go about moving the license server from one to another.

If you're referring to the client side, the environment variable ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE=@server-name is one way. Or, when you launch your application, it will look at the old location and fail. It will then give you a dialog that lets you enter the server name.

I can't say for sure how these will work with 2002 though.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

1st straight from the ACAD 2002 installationguide: "Thin client installations are not recommended for production users."

Then as far as the licenseserver part is concerned, you have to install the Flex License manager on the new server and submit a licensefile request to Autodesk through your dealer. They'll probably ask you to fill out and sign a declaration of licenseremoval or some such agreement. The licensefile is tied to the MAC-address of the server's primary NIC and I suspect the server's hostname so if you had time, you could move the NIC and name the new server identically to the old one....

Then as far as the clientside, if you do install the new serverside on a new server with different name, I suspect you're going to have to reinstall the clients in order to be 100% sure of everything working. Maybe someone has tried a shortcut, I sure haven't... (Referring to my 1st line...)

HTH

Petri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report