Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network autocad civil 3d 2014 installation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jnjhuz
349 Views, 3 Replies

network autocad civil 3d 2014 installation

I installed a network license on my computer. I created a deployment on it. Then I tried to install autocad civil 3d 2014 from the deployment to the same computer but when I go to run it, it says, "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect." Does that mean that I can't have the program on the same computer I have the deployment? Also I put the deployment at: Network\desktop1\C\deployments and now there is a copy of it at: Network\desktop1\deployments. I don't know how that happened.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jnjhuz

I would start here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-T...

Why would you create a deployment to install local?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
jnjhuz
in reply to: TravisNave

I went to the site and it was for if you were using Windows Vista. I'm using
Windows 7. I decided to try it anyway. So I uninstalled all previous
versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable and put in the current one.
It still didn't work. Also I have autocad civil 3d 2012 on this computer as
a stand alone installation and when I tried to start it, it started but
acted as if it was its first time starting. I need to keep 2012 on my
computer as a stand alone and have 2014 installed from the deployment that
is on this same computer.

When I try to run 2014 I now get the message, "acad.exe is not a valid Win32
application." My computer is a 64-bit. Also the lastest Visual C++
Redistributable was in a file x86. Seems like it should have been in a file
x64.
Message 4 of 4
jnjhuz
in reply to: TravisNave

Also for your second question, "Why create a network to load local?" This wasn't the plan but the other computer we were going to put the network license on was only a 32-bit so that wouldn't work. My computer and my supervisor's computer have stand alone installations on them. That left one computer and we had a network license so we put it on that computer and thought we might have more computers in the future that could use the program. Until then we want to use it on the computer that the network license is on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report