Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
thomassSK
272 Views, 1 Reply

Network Activation

Morning

Hoping some one can help me, I have Autocad 2010, license for Inventor/network.

I have installed the network server part on the server (windows 2003) all is running fine after I got the license file and setup the file path on the LM Tools. Thats started and working fine.

Now when it comes to installing on a desktop/laptop the install goes through alright but when selecting the server name I put in the server name and it just bounces back to the "Select File/Server name"

Theres no firewall on the server it self, I have tried reinstalling the software and playing around with it and really am clueless what to do next. I browsed this forum even watched the video for it and all is done how its supposed to be.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: thomassSK

Can you ping the server name? Verify that it comes back with the correct IP address. Try adding a system environment variable (Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Environment Variables) called FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000 (one-million) and see if it helps.
Also are you sure you got the server LMTOOLS configured properly? It needs to be configured as a service. On the Config Services tab, check both boxes at the bottom and save. Then start the service on the Start/Stop/Reread tab. Perform a Status Enquiry to verify your 2010 licenses are available.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report