Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to install 32 bit AutoCAD on a 64 bit Windows 7 OS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1793 Views, 1 Reply

Need to install 32 bit AutoCAD on a 64 bit Windows 7 OS

I have nearly $8,000 invested in SSDCP steel detailing software. This software is an add-on to AutoCAD but will only work with 32 bit AutoCAD at this time. I've just purchased a new computer and Revit Structure Suite. The new computer, like many of the new computers are these days, is 64 bit Windows 7 with 8GB of RAM. I really need to find a way to install the AutoCAD v2011 of my suite as 32 bit. There was a work around that is detailed at this URL that would allow a 32 bit version of AutoCAD to be installed on 64 bit computers.

Apparently, that workaround was useful for acad v2007 - v2009 but no longer seems to work for v2010 or v2011. Does anyone have a means to get past Autodesk's unreasonable stance to prevent prevent installs of 32 bit versions of AutoCAD onto 64 bit computers. Everyone that has done this install with versions 2007 thru 2009 seems to say the installation works just as expected.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way you are going to get 32-bit on your 64-bit Windows 7 is to install the Windows XP Virtual PC client and install your AutoCAD on it there. It will not install natively on the 64-bit machine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report