Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Wayne.Rhine
Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need to choose Network License

199 Views, 2 Replies
01-23-2014 01:06 PM

We are getting several network licenses of Product Design Suite Standard 2014 and several of Product Design Suite Premium 2014.

Is there a way to setup the workstations so the user can select one or the other license from the network server?  This choice will be made when launching Inventor or Acad etc.

Thanks,

Wayne

Install the Premium versions on all computers.  The software will automatically pull the standard licenses first until they either run out or a premium feature is used.  Beyond that, you can control some of the licensing on who gets what by creating an adskflex.opt options file on the license manager. 

For eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/3079288

Good Luck!

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: Need to choose Network License

01-23-2014 01:12 PM in reply to: Wayne.Rhine

Install the Premium versions on all computers.  The software will automatically pull the standard licenses first until they either run out or a premium feature is used.  Beyond that, you can control some of the licensing on who gets what by creating an adskflex.opt options file on the license manager. 

For eveything you could possibly want to know about the adskflex.opt Options file for FlexLM, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 3 (191 Views)

Re: Need to choose Network License

01-23-2014 01:16 PM in reply to: TravisNave

i agree with the above statement

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.