Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need serial number for 3DS Max!

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anim8tor
24252 Views, 18 Replies

Need serial number for 3DS Max!

I recently signed up through my school for the free software for students from the Autodesk Education Community.

I have downloaded 3DS Max 2011 but it comes up with the following message:

We apologize, we are temporarily out of serial numbers for this product. You may download and install the 30 day trial version. Return to this page prior to or at the expiration of your 30 day trial to obtain your serial number for activation.

I have started using the 30 day trial, but I don't want to spend hours learning the program when the trial will expire.

I checked the same web page again, and it still gives me the same message.

Will there be more serial numbers available soon??

I would appreciate having one as soon as possible.Smiley Very Happy

Any help would be great!

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
ldannis
in reply to: Anim8tor

We just replenished our 3ds Max 2011 serial banks today. When did you try to generate a serial number?

Message 3 of 19
Anim8tor
in reply to: ldannis

I just tried again now and it still gives me the same message.

Am I doing everything right?

I go to:   http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_center  and click - Autodesk 3ds Max, download now,  Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 (English) 32/64-Bit, and click get serial.

That is when it says "please wait", and then gives me the message noted in my previous post.

Thank you for your help!

Message 4 of 19
ldannis

Please send an email to studentsupport@autodesk.com and I'll sort this out! I'll need your name and email address to pull up your student account.

Message 5 of 19
ldannis

I received your email. However, when I tried to reply my message was returned to me. Your new 3ds Max serial number is now posted in your Education Community profile, so you will be able to access it there. I've also emailed it to the two other email address that we have on file for you in the Education Community database.

Message 6 of 19
Anim8tor

Thank you so much!

I received the serial numbers, and activated my 3ds max successfully!

Message 7 of 19
Henry_M

Hey dannis,

I'm also a student and having the exact same problem, would it be possible if you could do the same for me please? 

Thank you

Message 8 of 19
ldannis
in reply to: Henry_M

Please send me an email at studentsupport@autodesk.com and I'll assist you!

Message 9 of 19
Henry_M
in reply to: ldannis

I just have 😄 it should be from my hotmail account 

Message 10 of 19
suhailmbtgm

pls    serial and       a enjoy

Message 11 of 19
willbro96
in reply to: suhailmbtgm

Message 12 of 19
dostin122

im having the same problem please help

Message 13 of 19
ethiraj

my trail version got expired and it is asking for serial number................can u please help me regarding this.........

THANK YOU...

Message 14 of 19
marik37

I'm also a student and having the exact same problem, would it be possible if you could do the same for me please? 

I have sent an e-mail through hotmail.

Thank you.

Message 15 of 19
camilo.lemos
in reply to: marik37

Hi marik37, 

What problem is it that you are having? Are you getting a message that there are no serial numbers available for your product or is your current serial number about to expire?

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 16 of 19
picksaif10

my 3ds max 2011 has been expired. need product key and serial num. as i searched in student section i wasnt availbale coz of am a student tried student's version. can any1 help me get it pls?

Message 17 of 19
jessica.t
in reply to: picksaif10

Hi @picksaif10 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

When you log into the Education Community to request a new license, what is holding you up exactly? On the left side of the home screen there's a tab that says "Free Software" and then you should be able to choose your product and version. Any further details would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 18 of 19
ankit_jain1733

same problem need sreial number foe 3d max 2012 to activate it

@Anim8tor wrote:

I recently signed up through my school for the free software for students from the Autodesk Education Community.

We apologize, we are temporarily out of serial numbers for this product. You may download and install the 30 day trial version. Return to this page prior to or at the expiration of your 30 day trial to obtain your serial number for activation.

I have started using the 30 day trial, but I don't want to spend hours learning the program when the trial will expire.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

@Anim8tor wrote:

Will there 

@Anim8tor wrote:

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Message 19 of 19

@ankit_jain1733

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

The 2012 version is retired and no longer supported by Autodesk or the Educational site.  You couldn't actually requested 2012 so what version did you request?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report