Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need License Deactivation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
WA.HHAung
757 Views, 4 Replies

Need License Deactivation

Dear All,

I'm new here. I am an IT Support working in a company.

Recently, I have faced with an issue.

We have 10 Acad LT license with same serial number.

All 10 licenses are deployed, activated and installed into the computers. Recently, one of the user needs upgrade AutoCAD and we uninstalled the Acad LT from the computer and installed the DSP2015 into the computer. The Acad LT license is still inside the computer and because of a little miscommunication in the company, one of the staff installed Acad LT and activated in another computer.

Basically, we are using 10 Acad LT licenses and total of 11 Acad LT license is being activated at the moment. I would like to know how to deactivate that license that we are no more using or is it "ok" to leave it that way. Please kindly help us.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: WA.HHAung

Hi Hein Htet,

Just to make sure I got you right, your company currently has 10 AutoCAD LT Licenses however you installed and activated it on 11 machines, correct? By the Upgrade you mentioned, did you mean AutoCAD LT was Upgraded to the Suite License or you own a separate Serial # for the Suite Product?

If one seat of AutoCAD LT was Upgraded to the Suite Product, then AutoCAD LT should only be installed on 9 machines and not 10. You only have 9 seats of valid AutoCAD LT. 

Note that per one seat of a Standalone License, you are allowed to install it on 2 different machines (home and office) provided that it is not being used concurrently. From what I understand on your situation, the 11th installation is on a different machine with a different user thus, this License would need to be uninstalled and removed from the said machine. 

Hope this clarifies things. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 5
WA.HHAung
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I'm sorry for my lack of information and forgot to mention that.

We installed a standalone Suite comes with its own serial number and has no relation to the 10 LT licenses.

The computer which Suite is installed does not have AutoCAD LT anymore(uninstalled) but we didn't transfer out the LT license before we uninstall. You can say that computer is currently with Suite license + LT license at the moment.

If I still need to remove or uninstall the license, please instruct me how to do it as I only know about license transfer.

Message 4 of 5
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: WA.HHAung

Hi Hein Htet,

If the AutoCAD LT License was already removed and uninstalled from the machine that has the Suite Product at the moment, that should be fine. You just have to make sure that you are only running 10 seats of AutoCAD LT, which means 10 machines. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 5
WA.HHAung
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi Joane,

Thank you for your information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report