Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with network license issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
557 Views, 3 Replies

Need help with network license issue

I am trying to manage 9 ADT 2007 and 10 Revit 9.1 seats on a network.
The FlexLM version is 10.8.00 build 18869
The server name and MAC ID ihe license files that Autodesk sent are correct.
I have not combined the license files yet as I wanted to test the license manager to see if it will work with just the ADT, then I will combine the ADT and Revit licenses.

The paths to the lmgrd, lic file, and debug.log file are all correct on the config tab. I used the browse buttons to path them.
I stopped the server, started the server, waited a few minutes and reread the ADT 2007 license file and I get reread server failed.

Here is the error I get in the status readout.

Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Wed 10/4/2006 12:08

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
Error getting status: Cannot find license file.
The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are
listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
or contact your software provider for a license file.
Filename: D:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit Building 9\Program
License path: D:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit Building 9\Program
FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359. System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing End User Guide,
available at "www.macrovision.com".

The filename and license path are not correct in the error message. The paths to the three files are:

D:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License manager\lmgrd.exe

D:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\acadrevit.lic

D:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\debug.log

I will combine the Revit license with the ADT license after I geta working license manager.

Anybody that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Daryl Message was edited by: Discussion Admin
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyway, open your LMTOOLS. In the first tab, check the box to ignore the system variable. Then to to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and stop the server. On Config Services, repoint to all the files, check both boxes, and then resave the service. Then go back and restart the server. To a Status Enquiry to ensure that the license file is working.

Good luck. Message was edited by: Discussion Admin

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks Travis,

About fifteen minutes ago I tried checking the box fo "ignore license file path environment variables" and everything worked.
What clued me to that was the status message that indicated the NLM was looking in the wrong directory even though I had pathed it correctly on the config tab. Message was edited by: Discussion Admin
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Yeah, that is what I figured it might be. That system variable supercedes the other settings. Glad it got working for you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report