Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a trial download situation

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ryan11301985
505 Views, 7 Replies

Need help with a trial download situation

I downloaded the 3ds max design 2011 trial and how do i install? i run the installer then after the connection bar completes it closes and nothing happens.. would a system restore on the computer have caused this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: ryan11301985

Doubtful.  How big is your downloaded file?  Is it the full download or just a downloader that pulls the rest of the files online?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
ryan11301985
in reply to: TravisNave

The installer says 502 kb. The actual download took around 8 hours which i know was the full trial and not the downloader to pull the rest of the files online.

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

So you have downloaded and extracted the full files after 8 hours?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
ryan11301985
in reply to: TravisNave

After the download showed as complete i didnt immediately try to install it no but even if i did there wasnt any .exe files to extract and run, just the installer. And yes ive searched everywhere incase it downloaded to a different folder.

Message 6 of 8
ryan11301985

Also i found the Autodesk_3ds_Max_2011_English_Win_32_Trial folder only 16.1MB. *en-US , eula , NETverifier , support are the only folders with a 3ds readme internet document*

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Strange.  It seems to me that the downloader didn't complete or that the files have been deleted or lost. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

You might double-check this thread too:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/max-2011-won-t-install/m-p/2717333#M22214

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report