Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
410 Views, 5 Replies

Need Help Please

I am a student and through my school I have the option of downloading AutoCad on my Computer at home. I take my classes online. My Computer crashed. I had to replace mycomputer. I had to download and install AutoCAD 2011 to my new computer. When I try to open AutoCAD it says either it wasnt installed correctly or I dont have rights to run the software. I need to know what to do to get AutoCAD back up and running as soon as possible. I have finals this week and im in a crunch for time. Any help would be wonderful. The first time I downloaded and installed AutoCad, I had alot of problems with the Autodesk website. It took me almost 3 days to get everything figured out. I dont have that time now. I am running Windows XP Home SP3. I have installe Net Framework 4. I have also uninstalled/intalled AutoCad with the same outcome. The Serial number and Production Key is activated. According to Autodesk when i called to check.I really need some help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

What operating system are you using?

What is the error message exactly?  i.e.

Unable to run AutoCAD.  This may be due to one of the following reasons:

1) This version of AutoCAD was not installed properly.  In this case, you may wish to reinstall AutoCAD.
2) You do not have sufficient rights to run AutoCAD.

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Windows XP Home SP3 

That is the exact message I get. I have installed Netframes 4 and every update I can for windows. The Serial number is good and active. I called Autodesk to confirm this. I don't have any programs running while the install is going. I have searched through these forums for anything that might help and have gotten no where. I have also sent email to the student section about this and have gotten no reply in three days. This is vital for me to complete my classes and take my finals. I have also uninstalled and removed every trace of AutoCAD and Autodesk i could find before downloading and reinstalling.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ok this is getting old really fast i have asked for help, the only way Autodesk provides any "real" help to the Education section of its company, and have recieved hardly nothing for the last 4 days. Thank you to the ones that have responded, but in truth i have gotten no farther than where i was 4 days ago. I have searched this forum from top to bottom with no results in a foward manner at all!!!  Please read the Whole Post before asking what OS im running when It was stated in the Post. I have provided all the info i can.

Message 5 of 6
david.lau

I actually logged Service Request #1-10844121647 for you and I sent a response at 12/3/2010 09:55:22 AM to the following 2 email addresses:

jbookey@my.*.edu

jbook4@l*.com

The email should have come from Product Support Communications.

David Lau
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report