Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help installing Entertainment Creation Suite on a Mac

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Krypton7
388 Views, 2 Replies

Need help installing Entertainment Creation Suite on a Mac

Hello, I bought the (Ultimate 2013) Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite (Education version). The product came in the mail as a USB drive. I plugged it into my computer and the attached image is what I see. I can't figure out how to install the suite as a whole on my Mac.

screenshot.png

Below is my computer specs just in case:

specs.png

I have combed through all of the support forums and called several times to get help in installing this without luck. I realize that only certain products of this creation suite work on a Mac (Maya, Mudbox and maybe a few others) but I was told that I could select the ones I wanted to install.

I just need help installing the creation suite (mainly Maya and Mudbox) from this usb drive on my Mac, can someone guide me through this?

Thank you

Cody

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: Krypton7

Hello Cody and welcome to the community!

Confirming that you can't install the Entertainment Creation Suite as a whole onto your Mac as not all of the programs are Mac OS X compatible. Please see the following Compatability Listing for additional information / a complete listing.

To install the components that are compatible, simply select them individually from the MacOSX  folder that you have highlighted in the posting above.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or let us know if we can be of additional assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Krypton7
in reply to: philip.s

I installed just Mudbox and tried to get an activation code from Autodesk, but my Request Code was invalid so they could not issue me one. They said that the suite needed to be installed as a whole. Over the phone I told them that I had a Mac and that I only needed Maya and Mudbox.

Basically they couldn't help me and referred me to here. I just need to know where to go from here.

1. Do I need an activation code for each Mac compatible software (Maya and Mudbox)?

2. Who do I email to get one?

3. What happens when the Request Code doesn't work? (This already happened)

Thank you for the guidence,

Cody

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report