Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help installing 3ds max 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mthao
884 Views, 5 Replies

Need help installing 3ds max 2012

Hey guys

could anyone help me how to fix this installation problem, i can’t seem to install autodesk 3ds max 2012 on my computer. when i try to run the set up its pops up an error message saying “The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit_ version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.”

Currently my computer is running on windows 7 ultimate.

My specs are CPU - Intel core i7 - 32820 3.60GHz / GPU - AMD Asus HD 9797 Direct CU II/ 30Gb ram. Any Suggestions? Need help ASAP.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mthao

Hi mthao and welcome to the forums.

As descirbed in the error message, you will need to find out if you have a 32 or a 64-bit system and download/install teh appropriate version. Go to the Start Menu>Control Panel>System; your system specs will be listed there, included the info regarding 32 or 64 bits.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 6
mthao
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thankyou, I'm pretty sure my system is running 64bit  and I thought the 3ds max 2012 installation software has both 32-bit and 64-bit versions? or do i have to download the 64-bit version by itself?

Message 4 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: mthao

Hello Matthew,

Confirming that the 3ds Max 2012 download file contains both 32 and 64BIT versions. With that being said I have no idea what would cause that error as your OS is supported, and will have to look into the issue and get back to you.

Message 5 of 6
mthao
in reply to: philip.s

Ohok thankyou

Message 6 of 6
mthao
in reply to: philip.s

I checked in my inbox there is no message sent from you??? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report