Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help before trial ends...

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
daviswe
162 Views, 0 Replies

Need help before trial ends...

I wanted to try Inventor for a project that includes a lot of bolts and nuts on an assembly.  Installed the demo, and drew the components easily enough, but when I want to make a bolted connection, the error "content Center Server query failed.  Please check your content center configuration to make sure all required libraries are present or check cc connectivity to the server.".  I've been working for three days not to make sense of that, and fear my trial will end before I'm able to even use the software.

I read these forums, and there are three folders involved:

1.  %publicdocuments%\documents\inventor\content center files\r2013\   which seems like it's my custom place for things I use outside the standard libraries.

2.  C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\Content Center\Libraries\  which is what looks like the 13 files that make up the basic standard installed nut/bolt/sheet metal, etc library files, and they're all there in that folder.

3.  A folder listed in the project file for content center which was the same as the one in the App Options for Content center

4.  A folder in the App Options for Inventor Desktop Libraries with the folder: c:\programdata\autodesk\Inventor 2013\Content Center\Libraries

Since I always get the same error when accessing the content center, and I'm absolutely sure I installed the desktop version, where am I going wrong?  Is this feature blocked in the demo version?

Thanks for any tips, I have a couple weeks left, would really like to see how it goes.

Ed

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report