Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, Autocad 2014 stops at "checking license"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1347 Views, 3 Replies

Need help, Autocad 2014 stops at "checking license"

I browser downloaded the student edition of Autocad 2014, but when I try and open the program, it stops at "checking license". I really need this for classes and would appreciate some help!! Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

1.  Try to delete the adskflex_####_tsf.data file. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS15176093

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

2.  Try to run with a new user.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

crnk

Hello. This could be a few things. First, I would delete the ADSK TSF.DATA file and see if it helps.

We are looking for a specific TSF.data file. It will resemble this: ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data. It should be located here:

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Delete it and start. Right now you are hanging on licensing. If it still hangs, I would rollback internet explorer to the last version and restart the OS and retest. The licensing is connected to the Internet settings on first activation and you could be hanging there.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
louis3234
in reply to: TravisNave

Sorry but why this happen ?

It is not make sende to switch a new user to run the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report