Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help activating old Stitcher Express 2.5 software

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
285 Views, 1 Reply

need help activating old Stitcher Express 2.5 software

We have been using Stitcher Express 2.5 since 2008 and within the past year I’ve replaced my desktop computer and reinstalled the program.  I got a message today indicating the “license expired” and that I needed to “activate” the license.  I tried to do this through the Help tab and it gives me a “connection error” message.  I tried Technical Support, and it stated, "Autodesk no longer supports products that are 2009 or older."  How do I get this software running again?!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I, too ,have this same problem, but with Stitcher 5.7.1. (Stitcher Unlimited 2008)

I was using this copy of Stitcher for 10 months on my new Mac laptop, and last week got a pop up message stating that my "Trial period was ending in ten minutes." Whaaaa? I paid for a license arond 2009, and successfully stitched several tens of 360ºx360º panoramas. Now, it still works, but it will not save and the output has "Autodesk" watermarks all over the render.

I suspect that one part of the problem was that months ago, I attempted to install an upgrade, Stitcher Unlimited 2009, which failed activation because I could not connect to the Autosdesk®servers. It would try to connect and after up to 5 minutes just crash the software.
That was ok, because Stitcher 5.7.1 continued to work.
Until I double-clicked an .rzs (Stitcher doc) file and it opened SU 2009 software.... still in trial mode. I quit that and started to use SU 5.7.1 and then a couple of days later I got my problems.

At least all I want is my Stitcher 5.7.1 to work as it did for the past six years.

Autodesk Support seems uncertain of how I should proceed. I guess all the people on Stitcher went to other, more profitable, Autodesk products and there is no one left who really knows what I should do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report