Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need data from old student file

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
EdMilbourn
221 Views, 2 Replies

Need data from old student file

I have a file created in a student version of revit. I now need to open that file to pull some info from it (dimensions, wall make up etc) so I can recreate the project in a bona fide commercial version. Is it safe to open the student file in my commercial version to get this info or will opening a student file brand my commercial revit software and other non-student files with the student watermark.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: EdMilbourn

I understand that the watermark will show up only if you print from the educational version. If you open the file with your full commercial version there should not be any effects in your version if you view or print the student's file. I would contact Jeff Hanson (Autodes) to confirm this. Maybe he will see this post and reply.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
loboarch
in reply to: EdMilbourn

Alfredo is correct about the way the wartermark in Revit worked.  It happened only at the time of printing on an education version.  Black edges were rendered on the side of the printout.  The same file opened and printed in a commercial version would not have the black edges.

Newer (2014?) educational versions actually do not carry any kind of watermarking.  That being said "technically" any work done in an educational version should not be transfered to a commercial project.  "Technically" the work should be re-created in the commercial version, no tranferring or cut and paste. 

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report