Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need assistance with license file ateration

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
EST2012
276 Views, 3 Replies

Need assistance with license file ateration

I started with this company a few months ago. To the best of anyone's knowledge, AutoDesk runs from a license file on a server. I remoted into the server (its a VM) and there are two different license managment servers running. Flexnet is one, and has some information for Autodesk licensing in it. The problem started two days ago (nothing was changed on the server at this time) where no customers could open the program due to a license error. I remoted into the server and tried to have it "reread the license file", it kept erroring out with a 'daemon down' error. I looked at the license file and it had the wrong hostid in it. I verified the mac address of the server and then put that address in the license file. It was already in the hostid file. But now i am getting an error about 'inconsistent license code' when i check the debug file. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help!?!?!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: EST2012

You cannot change the MAC address of the .LIC file.  Any change like that will make the license file fail inspection.  What you need to do is simply get a new .LIC file from Autodesk Activations.  You should them make sure that the MAC address of your VM is hard-coded in the NIC properties so that it does not randomly change (as VM machines tend to do.)

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the license server.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
EST2012

Thanks so much for the quick response. The admin in charge of the Virtual Machi

nes will not be in house for a few more weeks so I am not certain what to do. I may try to proceed with getting a new license file; however, I am trying to locate our serial number for the program now. Thanks again! Latanna

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 4
philip.s

Hi EST2012 -

Just wanted to add that the Serial Number can be found from within your .lic file and or our Product Registration and Authorization group can provide a full license report if requested.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report