Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Simulate 2013 install error - 2013 DWG File Reader

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Lurifax
908 Views, 4 Replies

Navisworks Simulate 2013 install error - 2013 DWG File Reader

Hi,

i have a problem running Navisworks Simulate 2013 installation from deployment. When the install gets to  2013 DWG File Reader the installation of it fails and the whole installation rolls back.

If I install manually just the  2013 DWG File Reader the installation succeeds

msiexec /I "ODBX2013.msi"

I have to deploy this to hundreds of workstations so doing it manually is not an option for us.

A excerpt of the log file 

Navisworks Simulate 2013 install error  - 2013 DWG File Reader doesn't install 

_______

Action start 11:24:48: NoInstallTargetsFound.
MSI (s) (10:AC) [11:24:48:931]: Product: Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2013 - 2013 DWG File Reader -- No install products found

Action ended 11:24:48: NoInstallTargetsFound. Return value 3.
Action ended 11:24:48: INSTALL. Return value 3.
Property(S): NAVSIM_INSTALLED_VERSION = 10.0.840.82
Property(S): ProgramFiles64Folder = C:\Program Files\
Property(S): Manufacturer = Autodesk
Property(S): ProductCode = {CBED6FC7-FB20-4920-AA80-3D6F3459F902}
Property(S): ProductLanguage = 1033
Property(S): ProductName = Autodesk Navisworks Simulate 2013 - 2013 DWG File Reader

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
FT398
in reply to: Lurifax

I've experienced similar problems - do you happen to have added a service pack into the deployment? I found that in my instance, the deployment rolled back because the installer expects to find certain file versions when installing the DWG readers but the versions are different due to them being patched by the service pack.

In the end we had to make a new deployment with no SP included and then add the SP to each machine after the initial install - not the slickest deployment method I've encountered.

Message 3 of 5
Lurifax
in reply to: FT398

OK thanks for the answer, I think you are spot on.

Yes, I did add the sp (it has usually worked...)

I test with a "clean" install...

Regards

Juha

Message 4 of 5
Lurifax

The deployment worked without the Service Pack!

Message 5 of 5
FT398

As an additional bit of info on this matter, I updated our deployments today and decided to revisit the SP issue. I recall that the first time I built the image, I used the 'append' method for the SP where the SP is applied after the install of the original product. This time around I used the 'merge' method where the SP is applied to the actual original install and surprisingly this way it worked for me. It therefore looks that it is only the 'append' method that causes the failure - or at least this was the case in my situation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report