Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks Freedom Won't Install Windows 8.1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
j.mcltd
2097 Views, 2 Replies

Navisworks Freedom Won't Install Windows 8.1

I have read through all forums and have followed instructions on how to install on Windows 8.1 but I can't the program installed still.  Help required.  I have tried the following steps.

1. Redownload the Installation Pack

2. Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and Up

3 Tried to Install Framework 3.5 - Unsuccessful

I'm running Windows 8.1 as a virtual machine on my macbook pro using VMWare Fusion Pro. 

Mac Side is OSX Maverick 10.9.2

2.3 GHZ Intel I7 Quadcore

16GB 1600MHZ DDR3 Ram

I have had no success with every step taken.  If anyone has any ideas let me know.  Is there another option for 3d model software as a viewer only that will work with either Mac or Windows?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: j.mcltd

Can you try to install or run the Setup.exe in compatiblity mode?  It is similar to step 4 noted in this blog post:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/07/unsupported-autocad-2014-on-windows-vista.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: j.mcltd

Attached is documentation on resolving installation issues with Navisworks Freedom on Windows 8 or 8.1. It must be a firewall issue at your work location as the same happened to me as well. As soon as i got off of my work network, the installation went through just fine using either a hotspot connection or a home network.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report