My client has purchased a network install for NAvisworks 2013.
I've installed LMtools on one of their 2003 servers with no issues - at first I generated the license for its host name and mac address. I later found out I have to add the workstations into that license key. But how?
I also created the deployments from the 64bit and 32bit installs on the server.
I did install it to one of the workstations but it keeps asking for the activation - which I guess means a stand-alone install.
So I'm totally confused now.
1. How should or where should LMtools be installed?
2. How am I supposed to add in the hostname's, and Mac addresses to license file?
3. Should Navisworks2013 beinstalled from the DVD on each machine - or can I use the deployment? (I believe I selected the network install for the deployment)
4. Having installation intructions would be a great help for this network deployment of navisworks to workstations.
First you need to make sure that you know if your Navisworks is network licensed or stand-alone. That will make the biggest difference because if it is stand-alone, then you simply activate the client and you are done. If it is network licensed, then you install the LMTOOLS and configure it to hand out licenses to the client machines.
Assuming you do indeed have network seats, I will attempt to answer your questions:
1. This should be installed on a central server that can be accessed by all of your client workstations.
2. You only need the hostname and MAC address of the server to create a valid license file for your product. The workstations simply point to the server where the network service is running.
3. You can do either. However, if you create a deployment it will already have all the pre-configured answers that you set up. You will need to make sure that your deployment is created as a network deployment or it will default as stand-alone. You must configure it manually in the setup for network version. All installs default stand-alone otherwise.
4. The installation guide is in the documentation on your media.
For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:
thank you for the info.. I'm pretty sure I did it like you stated - having selected the network deployment.
here are the steps I've taken so far.
I recreated my 64bit deployment - the deployment files are sent to the central server - license type - network - check marks on both serial number and product key, single license server - network license server is the server where LMtools is installed. Took all the defaults for autodesk navisworks deployment options for the program.
Its creating the deployement now.
For LMtools - I used the license file that only has the server in it.
-------- Status -------- Flexible License Manager status on Mon 10/22/2012 14:41
[Detecting lmgrd processes...] License server status: 27000@xxxxapp3 License file(s) on xxxxapp3: C:\Navisworks\license\NAVSIM2013enlicense.lic:
pnslphapp3: license server UP (MASTER) v11.9
Vendor daemon status (on xxxxapp3):
adskflex: UP v11.9 Feature usage info:
Users of 85838NAVSIM_F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of 86023NAVSIM_2013_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of 85837NAVSIM_2012_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of 85601NAVSIM_2011_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of 71500NAVSIM_2010_0F: (Total of 1 license issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Once the deployment is done - and I install navisworks - I'll update this.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.