Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navisworks 2013 Dropouts

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
1135 Views, 11 Replies

Navisworks 2013 Dropouts

I have a NVIDIA Quadro K4000 that I’m running and I’ve updated all of my drivers and also applied SP2. To try to fix a problem that I’m having with excessive dropout of objects in the distance. I’m also noticing a lot of glitching while walking on all of my nwd. files. I’ve already tested my nwd. files on our other

two machines that are running Navisworks Manage 2013 and they experience very little if any Dropout on their machines, but they are running a NVIDIA Quadro 4000 where I’m running the K4000. Their machines also have 12 GB’s of ram where my machine has 32 GB’s and I have an available 563 GB's free on my drive. Please help!

Thank you,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: 19711971

I would start by doing a download and clean install (check the box) of this latest WHQL Certified driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-tesla-grid-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-320.00-whql-driver.html

Typically, I also only install the video drive and none of the other add-on stuff in the installation list. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
luke.johnson

I am experiencing similar issues with Navisworks 2013 and a K4000 on a system with 64gb of RAM.

Did you solve your problem yet?

Luke Johnson
Message 4 of 12
in reply to: luke.johnson

I have no answers on resolving the issues of dropout on the K4000 video card. Have you gotten any answers on a possible

solution that works for our video card from anyone else yet? 

I had an open case with Autodesk which has been dropped now due to the fact that none of the tech’s at Autodesk has or

had a card of this size running on their machines. Also the problem seems to worsen when using Navisworks 2014 so I mainly

use 2013 for my coordination meetings. 

I’ve even placed a call to Nvidia and talked with their techies which only informed me that they would need Autodesk to do

their research on the video card so they could create a driver that would work correctly for Autodesk with this card. 

Message 5 of 12
luke.johnson

I just wonder whether its something to do with the "big" amounts of RAM that we have installed?  Can you try the K4000 in a system where you know that the Quadro 4000 is working well?

Luke Johnson
Message 6 of 12

In regards to the ram that we have I don’t believe that’s the problem. But if it is then that’s a big problem because when I'm hosting a coordination meeting with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Navisworks usually with multi levels to a building open along with however many PDF files you need for the job then there’s been times that I've exceeded 25 GB's of physical memory usage for one meeting. What I believe that we will need is a tech from Autodesk to actually use our video card, not one lesser in size, but the K4000 so they can figure out the proper configuration for a new driver. Then talk with NVidia so the driver can be made. Until then the K4000 isn’t a certified video card from Autodesk and will not work properly until it’s been set up correctly by Autodesk's techs.

Message 7 of 12
luke.johnson

I have tried rolling back to driver version 307.45 - I still experience some crashes, but it seems "better".

Luke Johnson
Message 8 of 12
luke.johnson

I also did a complete reinstall - Navisworks Manage 2013, then SP1, then SP2, then SP2 clash hotfix.

Even running the 307 drivers and this clean install - I still experience several crashes a day.

Luke Johnson
Message 9 of 12

I’m also using an older driver which I’m having the best results for what I need, version 320.00. But with this driver I still had to go into NVidia’s Control Panel/Manage 3D Settings and completely customize all the settings to work best for Navisworks to the best of my ability without the help of NVidia/Autodesk’s tech support. So far my experience with them is that they can only recommend certain driver from there experience with their drivers but unfortunately, their drivers are based on lesser video card drivers than ours so far. Since then I’ve had hours of trial and error till I finally got the type of results that I can deal with for now. I still get dropout but I don’t crash. For now that’s all I believe I can do until there’s a certified driver created from Autodesk/NVidia for our video card.

Message 10 of 12
luke.johnson

Still no resolution - Navisworks Manage 2013 crashes consistently, especially on Append or File - Close.

Also, on this PC I can use the File Options - Frame Rate in NW2013 and it "works", but if I set this on Navisworks Manage 2014 it is still very stuttery, as if it isn't really even using my graphics hardware?

There is a serious problem when a program that is made for 3D model display (Navisworks), running on a PC with 64gb Ram, Quadro K4000 graphics card, and Intel i7-4930K 6 core cpu has crashing and graphics problems...

Luke Johnson
Message 11 of 12
luke.johnson

I definitely experience less crashes when I only have 1 or 2 instances of Navisworks open.  When I have 3 or 4, the crashes occur quite often.

Luke Johnson
Message 12 of 12
luke.johnson

I know this isn't a solution for 2013, but I have switched to Navisworks Manage 2015 and have had no further crashes of this nature. The newer version seems more stable with the large RAM. Yay!

Luke Johnson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report