Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAVIS & Network License Manager

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bmodica
944 Views, 3 Replies

NAVIS & Network License Manager

My company just installed a new server and unfortunately used a different server name for it.  We have installed the network license manager on the new server but what I do not know how to do is to tell the NAVIS installations how to look to the license manager on the new server.  I have so far had to leave our old server running in order to use NAVIS and will have to continue until I figure this out. 

I am hoppeful that I do not have to uninstall and reinstall all of the network installations of NAVIS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: bmodica

you can use this: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-specify-license-se...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
bmodica
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

Thank you for a quick response.

I will give this a try.  I guess the only way to test it is to take our old server out of service and see if I can access my licenses thru the license manager on the new server. 

I assume that this will overwrite the path to the old server that was used during the original install?

Thanks so much for your help.

Bob

Message 4 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: bmodica

What you could do is navigate to the hosts file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\

If you open the file in noted pad, you can put the IP address of the new server followed by the host name of the existing server at the end, this will point you directly at the new server to see if you can successfully obtain a license. You will be able to check this then on the server in the log.

Once you have tested, put a # at the front to comment it out and it will ignore this in future and read from the existing. Alternatively delete it 🙂

Here is a useful link... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Failure...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report