Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience using Autocad P&ID 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chrisfreeman
515 Views, 3 Replies

My experience using Autocad P&ID 2012

On monday morning a shiny new box with P&ID 2012 is sat on my desk with a note saying test it for the company. Great! (or so I thought).

After installing it and trying to creat a new project on our SQL 2005 server, the setup wizard appears to only accept SQL Express. After reading seveal blogs I couldnt figure it out. I called the company from whom we purchased the software for some technical support. They said there is a type error on the setup wizard. Is shouldnt have the word "express" there. After wasting 3 hours we finally got it working.

I had a play with it to learn how to use all the features for the next couple of days, then it started giving me "fatal error" all the time.

I re-installed and it still did it. I deleted my project and started again and it worked fine, so i tried to create a large P&Id. I can draw a P&ID this size in 8-10 hours on vanilla autocad. It took me nearly the rest of the week using Autocad P&ID (20+ hours)!

After lunch on Friday I returned to my desk and noticed that the drawing I had open was closed, so I reloaded it, only to get nothing but "fatal error" every time I try to do anyting at all.

I installed on a new PC and tried to open the project, and it does the same.

Now its Friday afternoon and the new shiny box that was on top of my desk is now under the desk in my bin. 

What a waste of time!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: chrisfreeman

Can you tell us what video card and driver your system is running?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

User "AutoCAD" as your product.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
chrisfreeman

Yes, Its a  NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 with driver version  6.14.12.6724

This is the driver autodesk told me to use because I do a lot of 3D modeling.

Message 4 of 4
chrisfreeman

....when I said autodesk told me to use it,  I was a beta tester for autocad 2012 and a member of staff sent me this driver which sorted out a lot of problems I was having back then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report