Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
eclayton123
304 Views, 6 Replies

my activation

my autocad lt  12 will not activate because it will not recognize my old serial number for Auto cad light 09, which is the same as my new serial number

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: eclayton123

Hi eclayton,

Each new license is compiled of a serial number unique to that version and therefore your 2012 serial number will be completely different than your 2009 (even if it was upgraded). Can you please "Private Message" any relevant information to me that you have (old serial number, company name, order#, etc..), so that I can locate the proper 2012 credentials.

Message 3 of 7
eclayton123
in reply to: philip.s

this is a new product registration...according to IT but the activation program keeps insisting I have an old serial number...but not upgrade

Message 4 of 7
philip.s

Can you please Private Message me (click on my philip.s profile name, and then select "Send this user a private message") the serial number so that I can troubleshoot accordingly.

Message 5 of 7
philip.s

Thank you Mr. Clayton,

The serial number that you provided corresponds to an upgraded license containing 5 seats of AutoCAD LT 2012. To proceed with the registration / activation process the system needs your old 2009 serial number, which will be different then the 2012 one that you sent me.

Are you still running the 2009 software? You can locate your license info from within the program by typing "ABOUT" into the command prompt.

Message 6 of 7
eclayton123
in reply to: philip.s

NO..MY IT GUY HAS THE OLD LAPTOP AND HE IS LOOKING INTO IT  THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Message 7 of 7
philip.s

Your welcome. Please let me know if you need any further assistance or are unable to track it down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report