Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
lanxpert_wise
404 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple NICs

Hello, We recently installed Microsoft's RRAS on the same server(SBS 2011) managing our AutoCAD licenses. For some reason when someone makes a VPN connection to the server the license manager starts using the RRAS IP address. This of course breaks licensing for all the users. We stop the RRAS service and AutoCAD licensing starts working.

Since the license file specifies the server name and mac address why does it start binding to the RRAS virtual interface? We have already tried creating an entry for the server in the hosts file but that didn't help. 

Any way to get this working or is there official documentation specifically stating this is unsupported?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: lanxpert_wise

I am still not understanding why this is failing for some people.  It shouldn't.  You've tried setting the hosts file to 127.0.0.1 for the server hostname?  So long as the service is running, it shouldn't matter which interface the connection comes thru.  VPN has been long supported for the NLM. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: lanxpert_wise

lanxpert_wise,

Sometimes multiple NIC cards cause issues. I would make sure you are on the latest LMTOOLS manager (11.11)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18610121&linkID=12305695

Past this, when you install the Microsoft product and you perform an enquiry, do licenses display as available? You need a stable MAC address for the license itself, and if you have a changing IP it may confuse the DNS lookup of the client machines.

You could try a few things:

1.)     Clear the DNS cache on the client machine

2.)     If you know what the new IP address is, you could try to enter a variable and have the clients look to that IP address for a license.

1. Right-click the My Computer icon.
  2. Click the Advanced tab.
  3. Click "Environment Variables".
  4. Under the System Variables window, click "New".
  5. In the Variable name field enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE
  6. In the Variable value field enter @YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS
  7. Click "Okay".

3.)     You could check the HOSTS file on the server. Did the Microsoft program change this file somehow?

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report