Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple License Servers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
275 Views, 2 Replies

Multiple License Servers

I have two license servers,  1 for Inventor suite seats and another that serves licenses for Autocad Mechanical. Is it possible for a workstation on which the Inventor suite is installed to borrow a license from the Acad LM server if autocad is launched and borrow a seat from the Inventor LM server only if other product from the suite is launched?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

juan.fuentes

Hello. No. You cannot get to this level of specificity. Your products will look to servers in the same order and will pull licenses based on cascade order. Generally this is the least expensive seat to the most expensive.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

You might be able to achieve this via the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable by pathing to both servers like a distributive setup; and then adding an options file to the Inventor server to EXCLUDE everyone from pulling AutoCAD from that server.  The exclusion might allow the distributive to pull from the AutoCAD server in succession, but it might just fail and not provide the cross over. 

You could also change the LICPATH.LIC file for the AutoCAD portion of the Inventor Suite install to point itself to the AutoCAD server instead of the Inventor server.  That might force it to look there first for a license first.  That might be an easier first test to try. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report