Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple installation versions of Inventor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mmelville
921 Views, 4 Replies

multiple installation versions of Inventor

Our company uses Inventor Suite 2011(network license), which covers 95% of all of our needs. On a few occasions though, we have had the need to use a FEA/Simulation feature for stress analysis. Is it possible to install Inventor Simulation Suite on everyones computer (to replace the current Inv. Suite 2011 install)  but only buy 1 network license and add it to our existing Inventor Suite 2011 ALM? Could this feature only pull the Sim. license when needed and use the regular Inv. Suite 2011 license as usual? There are about 10 designers in the office and it does not make sense to upgrade all 10 licenses to the Simulation package if we only use it a small fraction of the time.

Thanks,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: mmelville

you would have to install the Inventor Simulation 2011 on everybodys computer

your license file will have to have the simulate product and the suite product in the license file

this is how its supposed to work lets say you have 5 license of Suite and 1 License of Simulate

user A sits down and launches Inventor Simulate on the computer it will first pull a suite license then when he switches to the Simulate Enviroment it then returns the Suite license and Pulls the 1 and only Simulation license then that one simulate license is gone till he closes out of inventor then user B sits down and opens up inventor simulate he pulls a suite license

he won't be able to use the simulate enviroment if user a is still using the simulate enviroment since you only have 1 Simulate license

hope that makes since

someone can correct me if i am worng

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

so yes there is a way to do that

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
mmelville

I have never used the simulation version so I did not know about switching environments. That is good news, thanks!

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP

here is a video that explains it further its for 2010 but it works the same in 2011: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xg7kbZEqcA

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report