Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

PSCW
Message 1 of 5 (223 Views)

Multiple Activations for Same PC

223 Views, 4 Replies
04-03-2013 03:14 AM

Greetings.

As we have recently acquired 50 Autodesk Education Master Suite 2013 Licenses, we have installed the product on 42 PCs until now.

With each installation, we receive an Autodesk registration & activation e-mail which contained the PC name and an activation code.

Although we chose to activate all the PCs online, for some PCs we received several activation e-mails with different activation codes.

Out of 42 PC …

26 PCs: received 1 activation code

15 PCs: received 2 activation codes

1 PC: received 3 activation codes

So how will that affect the total number of licenses available to us? And is there a way to overcome this?

Thank you.

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 2 of 5 (205 Views)

Re: Multiple Activations for Same PC

04-03-2013 04:17 AM in reply to: PSCW

Hi PSCW, 

Just to confirm, did you purchase one license with 50 seats or 50 licenses (i.e do you have 1 or 50 serial numbers)?

Are the activations being done from each PC individually and are the request codes all different for each PC? 

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos
PSCW
Message 3 of 5 (202 Views)

04-03-2013 04:30 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi ..

Yes, 1 license with 50 seats (1 SN & 1 PK).

The activation was done on each PC after the one by one installation. Each activation & registration e-mail received afterwards has a unique activation code (although it was not used since the activation was done automatically online).

Thank you

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 4 of 5 (199 Views)

04-03-2013 04:55 AM in reply to: PSCW

Hi PSCW,

Thank you for clarifying. 

Could you please send me the serial number via private message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send This User a Private Message) so I that I can have a look at how this may have affected your current number of activations?

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos
PSCW
Message 5 of 5 (159 Views)

04-05-2013 10:54 PM in reply to: camilo.lemos

DM sent.

Thank you

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!