Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mult-Seat Standalone License

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
charlene281
449 Views, 1 Reply

Mult-Seat Standalone License

If a someone buys a multi-seat standalone license, can the seats be legally installed on computers that do not belong to them.  To be more specific, a computer company in my area purchased a multi-seat standalone license.  The company intalls an individual seat on a new computer, then sells the computer with AutoCAD installed.  Can this be legal?  I thought all the seats had to be used by the person/company who purchased the license.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: charlene281

That is correct.  The Autodesk license cannot be transferred to another party simply by selling the machine.  The LSA explicitly prohibits this action.  The company would also be violating a number of other software licenses, like Microsoft, for example. 

The machines should be formatted and reinstalled with an OEM version of Windows, or with no OS altogether.  No Autodesk software should be installed. 

Here is the LSA (formerly EULA) online:

http://download.autodesk.com/us/FY14/Suites/LSA/en-US/lsa.html

Thanks for using the community.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report