Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox runtime error please help

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
johnno60
4113 Views, 6 Replies

Mudbox runtime error please help

Dear sir

After 3 weeks with the new mudbox 2011and have sculpture a few items and have a number of files saved, my last work day on the mudbox was interupted by a shut  down of the mudbox programme. A frame of text asked if I wished to save the work which I had no time to respond , and lost valuable work , the screen went white with a framed message shown on the screen, Quote

Runtime error

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in a unusal way

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have tried to enter the mudbox several times since and am shown the same information and cannot enter the mudbox .

Am running Window's 7 Home Premium64bit oem  1GB nVidia Quadro 600 PCI Express video card if this is any help.

John

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: johnno60

Try restting the Mudbox preferences.  

Go to My Documents and rename "Mudbox" to "Mudbox old".  Then restart Mudbox.

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
johnno60

Could this procedure be a little expanded to know which , my documents folder I should enter, the one on mudbox or the computer desk top.  Where do I go from there ????   Please explain every step in detail please ,  Does restart mudbox mean to enter into mudbox or does it mean to reload the software into the computer again ???? If I alter some file in the My documents section how is this going to alter the mudbox programme so this problem doesen't happen again.??

Johnno

Message 4 of 7
david.lau

Here is a screen shot to help you out.

David Lau
Message 5 of 7
raik_zaika
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks a lot!!! I had the same problem and I solved it because of your suggestion 🙂 

Message 6 of 7
tonbb

Hello.

I did the reset of the mudbox folder as you sugested and renamed it to mudbox old and the runtime error did disapear as you told it would.

However, Now, a few weeks later, the runtime error is back again.

Any other ideas?

Message 7 of 7
richardxom

OMG.. you saved my life.. literally !!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report