Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mudbox for Maya 2014?? Confused...need help

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ronberchin
407 Views, 9 Replies

Mudbox for Maya 2014?? Confused...need help

I downloaded a trial version of Mudbox for the Mac. It's Mudbox 2014. If I try to buy Mudbox all I can access is Mudbox 2013. I'm totally confused? It's apparently impossible to actually buy 2014 thru the online store...and try to get to actually speak with someone at Autodesk to help. Impossible. Worst customer service I have ever encountered. Could someone PLEASE help me? Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
philip.s
in reply to: ronberchin

My apologies for the poor experience and customer support that you've received thus far Ron.

That definitely is confusing, especially as the 2014 Windows version is available. I'm looking into this one and will get back to you ASAP with some additional info.

Please let feel free to let me know if you have any additional concerns in the meantime.

Message 3 of 10
ronberchin
in reply to: philip.s

I appreciate your reply. I must say, for a large professional company Autodesk, at least in my experience, ranks pretty low on the customer service scale. But enough about that. I have yet to receive anything from Autodesk re my serial number (Order 8801883949). I'm counting on the s/n arriving soon and that it will activate my trial version of Mudbox, which is clearly version 2014. Autodesk even has a SP1 for 2014 for the Mac posted on the site.

Ron Berchin
Ambient Light
www.ambientlightonline.biz
707-364-9905
rberchin@me.com
Message 4 of 10
philip.s

Hi Ron,

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Autodesk Store team, but wanted to follow up and let you know what I've uncovered thus far. There is definitely an issue with your order, which from first inspection appears to be related to the fact that it's for the 2013 (previous version) license.

Yet to be confirmed, but I believe that the best course of action here would be to cancel this order (I can gladly facilitate) and purchase Mudbox 2014, which as mentioned earlier is only listing the Windows version / availability for some reason. With that being said, the license is not independent of the OS and you could use the same Mudbox 2014 serial number and product key to activate the software on a PC or a Mac.

Has your trial expired? Is so, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to provide you with a temporary activation code that can be used to get you back up and running.

Again my apologies as this is clearly something that could have been easily avoided on our end, and I sincerely appreciate your patience while we sort this one out.

Message 5 of 10
ronberchin

Thanks for the follow up. But just to be clear, you say that the s/n is NOT independent of the OS. I'm assuming you mean it IS independent of the OS and a windows s/n will activate my OSX mud box 2014 trial?
Ron

Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 10
philip.s

Sorry that was a spell check typo /  should have read, the license is not dependent of the OS and you could use the same Mudbox 2014 serial number and product key to activate the software on a PC or a Mac.

Did you want me to initiate the refund?

Message 7 of 10
ronberchin

I have been contacted by Scott Menard who said he intends to contact you and develop a consolidated approach to the problem. Although your idea seems the most straight forward and the quickest. Is it possible for you to contact him before we go forward. My trial version is still valid but I would like to get this finalized today.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 8 of 10
philip.s

Sure thing Ron. I just spoke with Scott and went ahead and canceled the existing order. As your credit card was never charged, just authorized, there's no need to worry about a refund period.

I've attached the following link to the Mudbox 2014 page on the US and Canada Autodesk Store for your convenience. Would you mind letting me know once the new order has been placed so that I can track it accordingly?

Message 9 of 10
ronberchin

I really want to thank you for all your help on this. I saw the cancellation of my previous order come across. I've already ordered the Windows version and have received my s/n and have successfully activated the Mac 2014 trial. How something so easy became so difficult...well, All's well that ends well. Thanks again to both you and Scott for stepping in and helping with this. I'm just wondering how others are buying the Mac 2014 version from your online store? Perhaps they're smart enough to know that the Windows s/n would work on the Mac version.
Regards,
Ron
Message 10 of 10
philip.s

You're most very welcome Ron and thanks for hanging in there while we got to the bottom of it.

We're in the process of updating the 2014 listing to include Mac OS availability, and removing the 2013 one so that no one else will encounter this same issue. My apologies again that all of this came at the expense of your poor experience.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can ever be of additional assistance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report